Sunday, April 12, 2009

A little lesson...

Last night, after we put Kaia down for bed, I was finishing up some laundry and when I emptied the dryer I discovered a sticky green substance all over the inside. As I investigated further I discovered it was gum! My wonderful husband had left gum in a kleenex in his pants pocket. In fact I remember when he did it- it was last Sunday at church when we were going up for Communion. Of course you can't have gum in your mouth when you take the bread and juice. Now, I take responsibility for apparently not checking his pockets well enough. But, leaving gum in your pocket?! Really?! And of course I had to get the dryer completely clean because of all things to be drying next, I had to be drying Josh's nice WHITE dress shirts. I'm already not scoring too highly on the homemaker scale in this area since the last time I dried his nice dress shirts I shrunk a brand new one. In my defense, it was a new dryer and I did dry them on the lowest setting, but it is a very hot dryer and tends to shrink clothes regardless of the setting. So, I spent a half an hour getting the gum out of the dryer. As far as I know none got on the dress shirts and I didn't shrink any of them. And on the positive side, our dryer is smelling minty fresh!

No comments: