Ok, so I'm a little late on a 17 months post, but things have been a little crazy lately with session starting. I don't have my camera with me right now, so I can't post pictures, but I promise some soon!
Kaia is a busy little toddler these days. Go Go Go is her mantra. Although she is getting to a point where she will snuggle up with us on the couch for a few minutes if she likes what's on t.v. Last night she was enthralled with the American Idol auditions and started singing along with some of the contestants and mimicing their facial expressions. She makes the funniest faces, but never holds them long enough for me to get a picture! Josh and I just double over with laughter at some of the faces she makes-which only spurs her on more! She's definitely a ham!
Her favorite game right now is "Ring Around the Rosie". She grabs whomever is closest-one of us or her dolls and sings "ashes" until it's time to fall down...then she laughs and starts again. She loves to spin around until she gets dizzy and falls over.
She also loves to "run run". This is what she says as she runs around the kitchen island and down the hall.
Another favorite activity is coloring. She'll color on anything and everything, including herself. If one of us has a pen, she needs one too. At least her tattoos come off in the bath, which is more than I can say for her poor babies- those are permanent!
Speaking of baths- last night Kaia asked to take a bath for the first time! We were downstairs playing and she looked at me and pointed upstairs and said "bath". She did it repeatedly and I know she knew what she was saying because I asked her if she was wanting to take a bath and she said yes and headed up the stairs to the bathroom. She is also good at saying "upstairs" and "downstairs", especially when she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to go downstairs when I'm trying to get her back to sleep.
Kaia's also got a new piece of furniture in her room- a big girl bed!! We've had a lot of trouble with her not sleeping, especially these last couple months. I'd ended up putting her in our bed just to get a few hours of sleep at night. While in our bed she'd turn sideways and take up half of the bed. We figured maybe the problem in her crib was that she didn't have enough space. So we put our spare bed in her room and she's been sleeping in it the last few nights and has been doing better. So hopefully this will be a good solution!
She's doing great and is still as much a Daddy's girl as ever. I thought having me go back to work would make her miss me more, but she still prefers her Daddy to anyone else. But she is a sweet little girl and has plenty of hugs and kisses for her Mama, which makes me happy to come home at the end of the day (and seeing my wonderful husband)!
1 comment:
So happy to have an update from the Swaims. Sounds like Kaia is more fun than ever. We can't wait for Tuesday-the Science Center better look out-as I think the two kids are going to have a blast! See you soon! The Waglers
Post a Comment