Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zoo!!

This past Saturday we made the trek to the Omaha Zoo. We've been talking about going all summer and realized that this was the last weekend we'd have a chance to go before we move. Plus, the weather was gorgeous! So we headed west and had an awesome time. Neither Josh nor I have ever been there, but everyone we know who has been recommends it. We definitely do too!! There was so much to see and do. My favorites were the tigers and gorillas. Josh and Kaia's favorite was the aquarium. It was really amazing to go through the tunnel and be surrounded by sharks and other sea creatures! Kaia liked it so much that, out of all the animals to take home as a souvenir, she chose a shark! I took a ton of pictures, so there are quite a few on here...I had a hard time deciding what to post!

Kaia decided she needed to nibble her toes on the drive over.

Silly girl!

The white tiger was taking a nap

It was so awesome to be so close to the tigers!! This is literally how close I was...I didn't use the zoom on my camera at all.

Kaia loved the misters!

A gorilla! You can see the observation bubble in the background...

Kaia in the observation bubble. Love this picture!! What an amazing thing to be so close!

Penguins!

I love his "face"

I'm glad there was a wall of glass between this guy and me.

Wow!! Looking up at all the fish!

Shark!!

Just chillin.

Kaia and her new bff...Buzz Lightyear.

And a picture from after church last weekend. Kaia is singing just like Mommy!

No comments: