Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Madness

Things have been busy around here since my last posting. First of all, Kaia is getting TWO teeth, not one. A couple days after I felt her first tooth I looked at her gums and saw the second bottom front tooth coming in! It's very exciting! She's been pretty fussy at naptimes this past week, and I'm hoping that once her teeth come all the way in that will cease.

Kaia's been busy crawling all over the place. She's made it over the pillows I put up as a barricade and is using those pillows to help her get up on her knees so she can reach the coffee table. Let the babyproofing begin. Kaia's favorite new toy is the computer. She is fascinated by it, and as I type she's climbing up my lap, trying to reach the computer on the coffee table. She also loves the cord and I'm constantly having to shoo her away from it. "lokpkioo.oi" - Kaia just reached the keyboard and wanted to type a message. =) She's made her way over to the kitchen floor, but isn't quite sure what to think of it. She gets over there and then starts fussing. She usually bear crawls around...she gets up on her toes to crawl, but sometimes she uses her knees when she's on the carpet. But when she gets to the kitchen floor she refuses to use her knees and will only bear crawl. Kaia loves to stand and even prefers it to sitting now. When we try to sit her down on the floor she digs her feet in and tries to stand up. I don't think it'll take her too long to figure out how to pull herself up to standing.

Grandma and Grandpa Keller came to visit last week, which was great! We loved having them over and it was great for Kaia to get to see them. They couldn't believe how much she's grown in just the couple weeks since they saw her last! She's definitely growing and changing every day!

Kaia's back in her room and getting used to her new crib. We bought her a crib back in January and started transitioning her into it for about 3 days and then the ceiling in her room had some pieces fall, so we moved her out of her room right away. We had to take the crib apart to move it and all of her furniture out of her room, so we decided to wait to put her back into it until after her room was fixed. We had the ceiling replaced and then had to replace the carpet since it was ruined by the falling ceiling. We finally got that all done and her room put together this past weekend, so she's back in her room and sleeping in her crib! The first couple nights were a little rough, but she's getting used to it now. I'm also not sure how many of her night wakings were due to being in a new bed and how many were due to her teething.

We're doing well and eager for Spring to arrive!!

No comments: