Wednesday, June 17, 2009
A Great Weekend!
We had a great weekend! On Saturday Josh and I were able to go to our friend Courtney's birthday party, which was super fun! And we also were able to stay overnight in Des Moines and get some much needed us time! The only bummer for me was Kaia's reaction when we picked her up on Sunday. She was so excited to see Josh and could not even care less that I was there! She went right to Josh. Which I understand because she is a huge Daddy's girl. But then both Julie and I were standing next to him and I was trying to get her to come see me and she went to Grandma instead. I know it's probably because she sees me all the time and she loves being around other people, but I did expect her to at least be a little happy to see me. I'll admit it did hurt my feelings a little because I take care of her 24/7 and I would hope that she'd miss me. But I know she was in great hands with Grandma Julie and Aunt Mandy and I know she had a great time with them. So after we picked her up(they were staying in Des Moines too), we went shopping and then to the Mark Schultz concert in Grimes City Park, which was fantastic! Kaia loved it and found lots of little kids to play with. So all in all it was a fun weekend. Below is a picture of Kaia listening to the concert!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment