Tuesday, July 14, 2009

11 Months Old!

Kaia Mae was 11 months old yesterday! I'm disappointed because I had this post all ready to go last night and then my internet stopped working and I lost it! So here I am typing it again! I know we say it every month, but it's so hard to believe how fast she grows! Only 1 more month until the big 1st Birthday! She's still just walking while holding onto our hands, I think she's still apprehensive about letting go. That's fine with me, since I know that it'll be even harder to keep up with her when she finally takes off! Right now she's just busy rearranging the chairs in our kitchen! Her favorite toys are dolls, stuffed animals (especially her Grover and Maisy bear), books, and balls. She also loves to go to the pool, swing at the park, and play with the dogs. She loves music...she dances with the fast songs and sings along to the slow ones. She loves to laugh and tease her uncles by acting like she's going to give them a kiss and then turning away and laughing. She seems to have mostly inherited our best traits, although we're starting to see glimpses of that Keller independence and Swaim temper. One issue we are having is that she gets mad when we tell her no. She'll arch her back and then she'll bite. So of course we're trying to stop that habit. But other than that she is a very sweet girl. She loves to give hugs and kisses to people, her toys, and the dogs. She's learning about faces and right now loves to point to my ear. On other people she knows "ear", "mouth", "eyes", "nose", and "hair". She'll also open her own mouth to show her teeth, of which she now has 8. 6 of them have come in during the last month and a half. Kaia is definitely a girlie girl...she loves clothes, shoes, belts, wallets, and purses (which she puts over her shoulder just like Mama). Daddy's going to be in trouble! She's also learned some new words. Her favorite syllable is "da", which she repeats over and over again. It also means "that", "dog", and "doll". She also says mama, dada, "gla" (glasses), "ba" (ball), and "duh" (done). I can't wait to share what she's doing next month!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: