Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Steps

Kaia Mae took her 1st steps Monday night! And I was not there to see it. =( Needless to say I was more than a little upset. I am with my darling daughter 24/7 and finally took a night to myself and she reached this huge milestone without me. But I am happy that she's started making this step toward independence (no pun intended). Here's what happened: my wonderful husband suggested I take the evening and go to a movie since I haven't had a night to myself for a long time. At the last minute I decided to go. After I left, Josh took Kaia downstairs to the office to see his mom and brother Justin. While there she let go of a chair and took a few steps to Julie. Then she took a few steps to Josh! This is huge because she previously refused to let go of anyone's hands. Instead she'd just sit down and refuse to walk. The last couple days she has continued taking a few steps, and has done so for me, which makes me feel a little better. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes her to work up the courage to take a few more!

No comments: