
We are excited to have made it to the 24 week mark!! Actually, I'm 24 1/2 weeks. We had a doctor's appointment on Monday and she said everything looks like it's going great!! I am much bigger this time around (and mentioned that to the doctor). But she says that's normal for second/third pregnancies and told me a joke that made me feel better:
"When you're pregnant with your first child you wear maternity clothes way before you need them...because you're so excited. When you're pregnant with your second child you wear your husband's clothes as long as possible to avoid maternity clothes. When you're pregnant with your third child your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes."
We got to hear baby girl's heartbeat again and that was awesome! Every week we get to makes me feel a little better and hearing that heartbeat at our doctor's appointment really helps a ton. I think one of the hardest things about having a miscarriage is your loss of naievete. When I was pregnant with Kaia I never worried about something going wrong. We did have a friend that miscarried right after we found out we were expecting, but once I got to the 12 week mark I never worried about it again. I guess it's a feeling that it will never happen to you. Now that it has happened to us, I've realized how common it really is. I now know that several of our friends have suffered a miscarriage, and almost everyone knows someone close to them that has. Knowing that doesn't make it any less difficult, however. Having had a miscarriage makes a person much more cautious and nervous the next time around. I think my sister-in-law said it best when she told me, "after having a miscarriage you will worry about the next baby until you finally get to hold him/her." And I'm finding out that is true. I suppose most moms would tell you that's true even if you haven't miscarried.
Thankfully, everything has been going smoothly with this pregnancy and that helps build my confidence that everything is going to continue to go smoothly until she makes her appearance!! She's been moving around a lot, especially when Kaia talks to her!! Kaia is a great big sister already-she talks to her baby sister all the time and gives my belly hugs and kisses. She found one of her baby blankets and it has now become baby sister's-every time I lie down Kaia puts the baby blanket on my belly for her sister. She also loves to "show baby sister" her dance moves and art projects. We are so blessed already to have such a sweet, special girl and we are very blessed to be expecting another. Can't wait for them to finally meet!!
1 comment:
You look beautiful! It's true, you feel bigger sooner the second time around. I found that it slowed down a bit at the end.
You remain in my prayers. I don't know the struggle, but I can only imagine your worry. I can't wait to see photos of Baby Girl Swaim!
Kaia is a great age to have a little sister! She will wonderful.
Post a Comment