Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby Bump Adventures

On Sunday I had my first experience with the challenges of having a growing baby bump. I went out to the garage to get in the van so I could pick up lunch. Josh had pulled his car in after church and got a little too close. I tried to open the van door, but it wouldn't open very far because his sideview mirror was in the way. Normally I would be able to squeeze my way into the van in the amount of space provided, but not anymore! This belly is getting big!! So I ended up taking his car to pick up lunch...crisis averted!! But it reminded me of a time when I was pregnant with Kaia. I had parked in a parking ramp and the person who parked on my driver's side got way too close. I could barely open my door. The person who parked on the passenger side parked close also, but not quite as close. I was barely able to squeeze myself into the passenger side, then had to maneuver myself across the center console and into the driver's seat...no easy feat!! It became a reminder to me to watch how closely I park to other cars...you never know who has to try to squeeze their way into the driver's seat!!

No comments: