It's been such a long time since I've done one of these. I wish I had a videocamera rolling all the time to capture all the things my little Maisy does that I want to remember. It is certainly never a dull moment around our house.
Last night we went to get Chinese and Kaia's fortune said "you are often the life of the party." No truer words were ever spoken. While she is often shy around new people, once she gets comfortable with people she is a firecracker. She LOVES to perform...singing, dancing, telling funny stories, doing gymnastics. Every Wednesday we do a worship service at church. Josh plays guitar, I sing, and Kaia rotates between singing with me (she knows the words better than the youth kids!) and dancing in the front row with some of the youth girls. I've tried to get her to just dance after one week she got upset that her microphone wasn't plugged in! She's usually the highlight wherever we go. Our house is constantly turned into her dance/gymnastics studio as she practices her "awesome moves".
My Maisy is all girl. She LOVES to dress up and is all about princesses. She loves to pretend to be a princess (I'm often Prince Charming), play with princess dolls, and watch princess movies. She loves makeup and always wants some of my blush, "eyelash" (eyeshadow), and lipstick. Usually I can get away with just offering her "lipstick" (chapstick). She loves to paint her nails and always wants me to put her hair in a braid. Now that it's winter I've had to convince her to wear pants (she'd rather wear dresses and skirts), and she refuses to wear jeans or jean shorts because "they are for boys". She also likes when we wear our hair the same or similar clothes because then "we're twins!"
Kaia really likes to learn. We have been doing preschool at home and every day Kaia asks if we are going to do preschool. She recognizes almost all of the letters and numbers and can write her name and a few other letters. Practicing writing usually turns into drawing pictures, but if I can get her to practice a letter once or twice I count that as victory! It takes an awful lot of patience that I don't expect a 3 year old to have!! The best is when she is doodling and happens to make a letter-she gets so excited!
She loves her family and especially her friends (her cousins) and some friends she has made. There is one girl from her Sunday School that she always talks about. And there are two older girls from our church that Kaia loves. They play with her at church and babysit once in awhile. And every night when she says her prayers Kaia always prays for Kate and Sarah.
Kaia's also extremely excited to be a big sister. She talks to the baby all the time and "shows baby sister" when she does things. Today she told me my clothes are getting too small because baby is getting so big! She alternates between wanting to call the baby Addy (her cousin) and Josie (Duggar...the baby from 19 Kids and Counting). So we will have to see! She has also decided she is going to be a "baby doctor" when she grows up. I can believe it. Josh was watching A Baby Story one day on TLC and Kaia wanted to watch too. I wasn't sure about this, but Josh let her watch. She loved it and her favorite thing is to yell "It's a girl/boy, Mom!" So maybe someday I will look back on this post as she's graduating med school and know where the desire came from!
No comments:
Post a Comment