Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Kaia Mae
I can't believe my little girl will be 4 years old soon!! Where has the time gone? A few days after her birthday she will be going to preschool every day! She is so excited! I thought I was really excited too, until I got the paperwork in the mail. Then I started bawling! Having a new baby in the house reminds me of how quickly my other little baby is growing up!! She is a such a blessing to us and we are so thankful for her. Kaia is such a good helper and a great big sister. She loves to dance and do gymnastics for Kinley, and she loves to show her toys. In the car Kaia is good at letting me know when Kinley is asleep or awake. Her favorite thing to say about Kinley is "oh, she is sooo cute!" At night before she goes to bed she blows a kiss for mommy and one for Kinley. She is so sweet with Kinley and is pretty proud to be a big sis!! Kaia's favorite things to do are play dress up (as a princess), dance, sing, color, do "crafts" (anything involving scissors and glue), paint, play beauty shop with mommy's hair, paint her nails, and watch movies. She has been doing an awesome job sleeping the last couple months (FINALLY!!) and has actually been telling us when she is tired and ready to go to bed. Right now we are dealing with whining and tantrum issues, which is typical for this age...but is still incredibly frustrating to deal with! I think going to preschool will help a lot, but I think the first few weeks will be interesting as she learns the new rules and how she is supposed to behave for a teacher. She is eager to please, but she is very much a follower: she will do whatever other kids are doing. That's a good thing if the kids in her class are well behaved, but it will be interesting if she makes friends with kids who are not. She is always really good for other people, so I don't think she will have too much trouble. She has such a quick wit and is constantly keeping us laughing!! There is never a dull moment around our house, which is just how we like it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment