Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2 Months!


Little Miss Kinley is 2 months old!! She is such a sweetheart and has brought so much joy to our family!!  She loves to smile, and her sweet smile lights up her whole face!!  Sometimes in the morning I wake up a little grouchy because she hasn't let me get a lot of sleep.  But then I look into her bed and the first thing she does when she sees me is get a GIANT smile on her face.  Nobody can stay grumpy when they see that face!!  She loves it when anyone talks to her, especially Kaia, and she's started cooing back.  She still sleeps for 30 minutes at a time during the day, and only if I'm holding her.  If I try to lay her down she instantly wakes up and then it takes another 5-10 minutes to get her back to sleep.  At night she's been going to sleep around 7, waking up at 8:30, then staying asleep until 1 or 2. Then it's up a couple more times before morning.  She hates to be swaddled...she grunts and fights to get loose when I lay her down, even if she's sleeping.  But if I lay her down unswaddled she wakes herself up! She wears 3 months size clothes, but is almost in 6 month size sleepers because she is so long.  We had her 2 month check-up on July 17th and she weighed 11 lbs 8 oz, and was 23 inches long. The doctor said she's in the 70th percentile for everything: weight, length, and head circumference...so she's perfectly proportioned!!  She's still 1 lb less than Kaia was at this age and 1 inch longer...which is how they compared at birth.  She is a joy and we are thankful for her every day!!

No comments: